Wednesday, February 13, 2013

favorite 60s fashionable flicks by karen g.

If I had a dollar for every time I’d try to find an excuse to bring Alfred Hitchcock into the conversation, I’d have a much healthier looking bank balance.  But I digress – today I thought I’d share a few iconic fashion moments from some of my favorite 60s movies (a smaller sprinkling of Hitchcock this time), but as you know, we all go a little mad (for fashion) sometimes...

Janet Leigh’s outfit and purse – Psycho (1960)

Elizabeth Taylor’s incredible coat – Butterfield 8 (1960)

Natalie Wood’s hat - Splendor in the Grass (1961)

Ursula Andress’ famous bikini – Dr. No (1962)

Tippi Hedren’s green suit and updo – The Birds (1963)

Deborah Kerr’s parasol realness in Mexico – The Night of the Iguana (1964)

Tippi Hedren’s dress – Marnie (1964)

Everything Virna Lisi wore in How to Murder Your Wife (1965)

Raquel Welch’s futuristic jumpsuit – Fantastic Voyage (1966)

The goils and their pill bottles – Valley of the Dolls (1967)

Barbra Streisand’s fabulous hat – Funny Girl (1968)

Shirley MacLaine’s little black dress and red accessories – Sweet Charity (1969)

-Karen G.


  1. "we all go a little mad (for fashion) sometimes"! Ha ha ... If you had to pick one of these, which one would it be?

    I'm partial to Raquel Welch going Jetsons, myself.

  2. I love Raquel's space suit. Wish I could rock it to work! But Tippi's green outfit in "The Birds" will probably always be my favorite!

  3. What a fantastic post!
    You know I love that bikini!


  4. Nice post doll!*
    Love it!*